Here is a FREE pattern with printable templates for this absolutely beautiful pillow with a swirling design that we have never come across before! You could also get adventurous and create a matching quilt with large blocks!
Note that you will need to mark the swirling design featured on this gorgeous pillow with a water soluble pen, so that the markings will wash out when you have finished sewing. Additionally, the marker you use should not disappear with heat, because you will also need to iron the area where the marker is. Washable markers specifically designed for children are a great choice.
The template you will need for the curvy shapes is included within the pattern link below.
Materials needed for this project include:
- A light neutral background piece of fabric that measures 17 x 17 inches.
- Your choice of colored fabrics for the wavy part of the design. Three different tones of the same color work great for this design, including a dark shade measuring 8 x 21 inches, a medium shade measuring 8 x 19 inches, and a light shade measuring 7 x 19 inches.
- Fusible web measuring 15 x 15 inches.
- Batting and backing measuring 18 x 18 inches.
- A piece of binding from your background fabric measuring 2-1/2 inches wide x 70 inches long.
- A water-soluble pen.