Celebrate your next St. Patrick’s Day with one of these gorgeous quilted shamrock table runners! Even if you don’t normally decorate for this holiday, wouldn’t it be fun to start with one of these?
St. Patrick’s Day is still, at this time of year, a very vague and distant day in the future, although that means you will have tons of time to get one finished by then!
The finished table runner measures 15 inches x 49 inches.
For this table runner, you will need the following:
- (108) 1½″ green print squares
- (12) 2″ x 3½″ green print strips
- (16) 2″ x 5″ green print strips
- (4) 10½″ low volume/white print squares for the block backgrounds
- 1-5/8 yards Kelly green print for the sashing, borders, binding, and backing
- 18-inch x 52-inch batting
- 1 yard, 12″-wide paper-backed fusible web
- Heart-shaped leaf and stem template
- Thread, 50 wt cotton—light gray or green for piecing; Kelly green for appliqué stitching and quilting; cream for quilting.
- Needle and thread to secure the binding by hand.
There are a large number of pictures accompanying the individual directions for putting together this table runner, which significantly simplifies the whole process of this project. Give this one a try, and up the ante of your next St. Patrick’s Day!
Image & Pattern Source: weallsew.com